Sunday 17 May 2020

Seeds are hard!


So, before the weather started to get nice, back in mid-April – I thought I would pre-grow a lot of my plants from seed indoors. I thought this would be easy, just put some seeds in some dirt.  Watering a little everyday and putting my new babies in the window I thought I would have explosive growth. 




My girlfriend’s sister came over and gave me a bunch of seeds that she had collected. I planted cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, peas, and peppers. I planted these guys and babied them and not much happened. My little cup garden didn't do a lot at all.



The only ones that did anything were my cherry tomatoes. I latterly cut open cherry tomatoes that we had and squirted the seeds and the cherry mush into some dirt and covered them up. These bad boys germinated and started to grow. They grew very well actually, all the while my other seeds in sweet fuck all.





If I continue to garden for the next however years I have left. I will always be sure to pickup some cherry tomatoes before the last frost and grow them indoors. They grow like champions!

No comments:

Post a Comment